Laboratory research, which initially focused on printed antenna networks and microwave circuits for telecommunication systems and networks, has been gradually extended to include digital communications for wireless communications and optical telecommunications, Network infrastructure, services, security and transmission quality were introduced and developed. Today, research is grouped around six themes:
- Antennas, components and circuits for telecommunications systems and networks.
- Reconfigurable antennas, microwave detection and imaging systems.
- Photonics and optical telecommunications networks.
- Digital processing for communications and wireless networks.
- Telecommunications networks and services and related tools.
- Telecommunication systems, systems and devices.
- To take account of the development of information and communication technologies (ICTs) focusing on telecommunications systems, devices, networks, services and software tools (wireless, mobile or satellite communications, radar, proximity communications , High-speed communications, optical communications, services, security, quality and telecommunication networks, etc.), we propose to develop research, according to the following objectives:
- Study, develop, design and realize new telecommunication components, circuits, systems, networks, services and software, different in their operating principles and capable of satisfying the requirements and needs of users (civil and military applications) Information and communication technologies (ICTs) based on terrestrial or space telecommunications.
- The considerable development of terrestrial and space-based telecommunication systems, devices, networks and services induces requirements and requirements for components, circuits, systems and devices offering, at optimum cost, better performance at higher frequencies and throughputs In conjunction with the information and data to be transmitted.
- The main activities of the Laboratory's research teams are focused on the development of these new components, circuits, systems, networks and devices and of increased performances constituting information and telecommunications technologies.
- We develop a research oriented towards original problems in communications and based on advanced approaches in theory and processing of information and transmission signals.
Studies and research are developed according to the following axes and themes:
- Communication systems in fixed or mobile situations.
- Wireless communications; With mobiles; By satellites; Proximity.
- Multi-access communications; With multiple inputs and outputs; CDMA, OFDM, MIMO.
- Diversity of network antennas; Intelligent antenna networks; Reflector networks.
- Broadband communications; Telecommunications.
- Photonics; optical fiber ; Bragg grating; Photonic crystal fibers; Optical networks.
- New antennas; Reconfigurable antennas; RFID antennas; Detection, location and identification systems.
- Multi-band antennas; ULB; Microwave imaging; Medical applications; metamaterial.
- Components and circuits for telecommunications systems.
- Networks and services; Security of systems and networks; Quality of telecommunications and related tools.
- Wireless networks; Ad hoc networks; Cognitive radio networks; Wireless ; Bluetooth; WiMax.
- Centralized or distributed infrastructures for the processing of knowledge, information, data.
- Embedded systems ; Control; Control; Measure; Associated software tools; Software prototyping and hardware.
- Information systems and web technologies; Technologies for new services; Sensitivity to context.
- Software methods and tools for modeling, validation, optimization, adaptation; Design, analysis and synthesis.
- Algorithms, languages, architectures; From signal to information, from data to knowledge.
Antennas, multi-band antennas, fractal antennas, RFID, dielectric resonator, components, circuits, devices, telecommunications systems, detection systems, microwave imaging, meta-material, ultra wide band ULB, photonics, fiber optics Bragg, photonic crystal fibers, optical networks, optical telecommunications, digital processing, broadband, telecommunications networks, wireless communications, mobile communications, wireless networks, ad hoc networks, cognitive radio networks, CDMA, OFDM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Wi-Max, context sensitivity, services, security and telecommunication quality, associated software tools. Software and hardware prototyping .